After school program where every child succeeds!
Improving the academic achievement of children in Weatherford, OK unmotivated by regular classroom instruction while growing their self-esteem.
Ronda Wheeler, Director
What is it?
- A FREE after school program for 4th and 5th graders began in 2012 providing tutoring for kids (25 max) struggling with learning or attention disorders
- A program supported by the Federated Church but not religious based
- An encouraging place for kids to grow in their academic success
Who are the students participating?
- 98% of the students have been diagnosed with an attention disorder such as ADD and ADHD, others are English Language Learners
- Referred to Positive Pathways by their teachers and school counselors
Who staffs the program?
- Volunteers from Federated Church
- Students who are education majors at Southwestern OK State University for credit, supervised by education professors
What are the results of the program?
- Improved grades and test scores
- Better classroom behavior
Want to know more? Contact Ronda Wheeler at the Church Office.